View Single Post

Garage
I have inspected the L and R side of the inlet valves etc. everything looks nice and clean, by turning over the engine with a wrench I can even make the spray bars feed oil.

I have checked the rocker arms. They look good and have about 0.004 (valve tool) slack side ways.
I was not able to fit my tool to check the valves, Rookie. I know it is difficult and i didn't want to break my only gauge. Instead I just felt all of the rocker arms with the CYL in the valve adjustment position (COMP TDC). They all have just a little slack. And I'd say they are the same.
I think I know who did the last valve adjustment, and I cannot do a better job than them. So I prefer prosponing my first valve adjustment until needed.

I inspected all the cam lobes using a mirror on those hard to see. They look nice and shiny with no pitting.

The conclusion is, it looks really good, except for the 0.7mm Alan L mentioned. It was more like 2-3 on both sides.
Why would both sides be off?

On an side note: I use my COMP tester extension to determine TDC. It only has a small opening, so it is real easy to hear the hissing sound off air escaping
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 06-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: gramma
Old 06-25-2011, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)