View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
You can skip the E-H and porting, not necessary at this level.
Fitting a larger throttle body is not only unnecessary, it's usually brain damage. Skip it.
Thanks for pitching in Chris. Out of curiosity, what trouble have you seen with fitting larger throttle bodies to 911s?

Quote:
Stock 964/993 bridges, and updated 993 sensors. It requires removing the heads for machining.
I completed a rebuild about 5K miles ago, and it's shaping up that the only reason I'd need to break the engine down again is to machine the heads for knock sensors. Are there any alternate mounting positions for the sensors that don't require machining? Or is this a must-do in your mind?

Quote:
A single 993 GT2 (-044 fuel pump) will suffice for 500hp (~450rwhp), but 2 pumps in series ala 930 is better -- plenty of pressure and volume. We've made 600rwhp on 930 fuel systems with stock Carrera fuel rails and a Carrera fuel pressure regulator.
-044 pump adapters available from TurboKraft,
Wow! Good to know the Carrera fuel system is up for the task. Do you think that Bosch 55 lb injectors will flow enough fuel? I'll plan to source the pumps and adapters from you as I get closer to the conversion date.

Quote:
500hp from a 3.3L is easy: headers, muffler, decent mid-size turbo, decent mid-size intercooler, mild cam upgrade, mild head work, EFI. If you don't make at least 450rwhp on pump gas, you're doing something wrong.
I was planning to use my stock Carrera cams. I've heard several success stories from engine builders that have used these cams including Supertec and AMS. I believe the grind is identical to SC cams, and that it's the cam timing that is different. Do you have any concerns on using Carrera cams?

Thank you!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)