View Single Post

Garage
I have had a bit of experience with NOS. Many people run it in under the carb with a small plate and nozzle on V8s. The more efficient method is to run it direct port with the nozzle in the manifold just above the intake port on each cylinder. This is the best system for a six cylinder engine as your NOS/fuel control is better. I ran a six with this system and found it to be very efficient and reliable. If your going to do it, start small and be prepaired to run an extra fuel pump for safety. Having it set up to come on at 3/4 throttle is a bit of a waste, as its real benefit is in the lower RPM for acceleration. This is why turbo drag racers tend to use the gas off the start line and first 60 feet to get the car moving, then let the turbo take over. If you want to use more than 50or70hp kit drop your CR or KABLAMO. If it was me, just put a small turbo on it and enjoy the extra power full time. NOS is great for drag racing but the danger is real to the engine, porsches aint cheap to rebuild. Good Luck. Vas.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)