View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Nice job and it looks like you found some German fiberglass like Porsche used for the top layer.
I havn't seen that nice fiberglass cloth weave since I worked at a porsche racecar restoration facility back in the mid eightees.
You also have a layer of kevlar/carbonfiber cloth and a small layer of carbonfiber cloth in your composite layup.

They would often use a strip of carbon fiber cloth sandwiched in with the glass for more strength at the edges where bodywork came together.
Well, I used epoxy system L instead of somehow polyester. Glass is a very common type, easy to drape
I buy my fiberglass stuff here: suter swiss composite group

They have a very good PDF for downloading to get an overview to the theme. Very huge amount of products, helpful people there. They also sell a lot of aero certified stuff. Mine is same quality, just no certifications and thus cheaper

The carbon and kevlar layers are for more strength in that area, because I made the bumper attached to the chassis there

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 06-28-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Old 06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)