View Single Post

I've used the one from the intercooler to charge pipe connection on the throttle body and it sealed and worked with both long neck intercoolers I've used.

It is a little smaller diameter oring but that also helps keep it snug in the groove on the throttle body while moving around the intercooler to position it on the throttle body and the long mounting studs and rubber bushings while pushing down to slide the intercooler pipe over the throttle body oring.

I've had the correct throttle body oring get pushed down and out of the groove in the throttle body a couple times when installing a long neck intercooler, so maybe mine has stretched a little.
I'd try the extra charge pipe to intercooler inlet oring you have and see if it works in the meantime. It may leak a little boost or it may seal and work fine - I know it's hard to tell.

I put silicone grease or oil on those orings before installing the intercooler so things slide together better.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)