Thread: O rest pressure
View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
TTS or CSV

cold start injector is allen bolts... it is behind and below the fuel distributor. Here is a picture. I think you can get to it if you go around and behind the duel dist from the right side after you remove the air filter box and possibly a few other things but it is difficult.

That only works for about 10 seconds on start up... after that if you are still having this issue than it could be the Thermal Time Switch (TTS) located on the chain cover, drivers side and will have a yellow and red wire connected to it. That switch is what tells your CSV to activate or not... and I had a problem with poor running when cold and hot... that definitely helped. Once it is out, it is pretty easy to test with a multi-meter. Call Chris at TurboKraft to see what the multimeter should be reading if good or bad.. I have forgot.

Best of luck,
Bryan

Thermal Time Switch:

Cold Start Valve: It is in the middle of the photo with the greenish/blue plug on top. You are seeing the end of it. The allen bolts are closer to the throttle body and are like a 5 or 6mm.

Current cars: 2006 Cayenne TTS, 1991 964 Cabrio, 1997 993TT, 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)