View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2porscheguy View Post
Thank you very much 914turbo and drmatera for your info! When I performed the Carrera tensioner upgrade a few months ago, I had to remove the turbo assembly in order to gain access to the cam chain housing covers. I tried to remove the exhaust components from the Rajay turbocharger but could not, for the life of me, loosen the bolts without breaking them off (I broke one). So, as a result of that, I decided to just bolt it back on, as is. Upon close inspection, however, the turbine/compressor assembly seemed to spin freely with minimal side-to-side play and there was no visible damage or leaks anywhere. So, for now, I'll just leave it be. What do you guys recommended for loosening bolts, in the event I want to take things apart down the road. I tried multiple spraying/soaking with liquidwrench, wd40, etc....all to no avail!
Torch 'em till they glow.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)