View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to John Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to John Kelly
Hi Mike,

Being a humble tin-basher with multiple projects, I don't have the resources to try many different wheels, tires, and ride heights. The flares can be manipulated during installation to get a bit more room for extra fat tires. Most of the tricks that are used on stock fenders to get more room apply, as well. I have a pair of 16x7 porsche alloys, which come out 16x 8 with the adaptor, but the tires are huge, and I need to get them removed for polishing, and have more reasonable size installed before fitting them to my flares. This is a ways off because of low funding (spending all extra cash on tools)and no time. I would guess that anyone going super wide should get different flares. I made these as fat as I could without ruining the lines of the car, in my opinion. I'm sorry I can't do better than that for now, but I've used up time I don't really have just to get this far. Thanks for the input.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Old 11-28-2002, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)