Thread: fuel quality?
View Single Post

I filled up at a local BP recently because the 93 octane was cheaper there than anywhere else nearby when you paid cash. Before that I always filled up at a Chevron staion because it has techron in it.

I started hearing some detonation after that so I think that BP pump may have been pumping lower octane gas then the 93 I selected on it.
The BP pump says the gas is Amoco gas which used to be considered good gas years ago.
Anyway, I'm taking it easy just cruising around until I use up that tank of BP gas and then I'll fill up with Chevron 93 again.

There is one place west of town called Port Consolidated Port Consolidated (800) 683-LUBE that sells non ethanol 91 octane gasoline, Diesel (all grades), Biodiesel, Ethanol, E85, Jet Fuel, Av Gas, Race fuel, Methanol, and Kerosene.

Havn't tried the non ethanol 91 octane stuff because it's lower octane than the common93 octane E10 pump gas and it's more expensive.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)