View Single Post
Blitzkrieg

300 mile trip, only a few issue's

So, I had too go pick up my kids from my mom so decided to take the 930 (300 miles round trip). It was pretty warm (high 80's) black car, no A/C etc...

My first little issue was another air injector plug falling out, luckily I had 4 spares in the boot with the right allen wrench. Upon installing I noticed oil dripping from the oil return banjo bolt. So I just happened to have a 22mm socket (for the spare belt) and tightened it up.

All is well decided to make a pit stop, and get some cold water and check the oil. After we roam around for a few minutes I go too start it to check the oil and nothing. Sounds like the starter is spinning but the solenoid is engaging it.

So I let it cool down for a few minutes, because I remember reading a post not long ago about over-heating starters. 10 minutes and no luck, so I tell the boys 6 & 9 were gonna have too push start it. Each grab a bumperette and I push on the door sill and bam, were good to go. Check the oil and were off for the last 40 miles.

It always nice when your prepared for the little issues.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)