View Single Post

de glazing cylinders

I suspect some broken rings in my track machine, and am tearing it down now.
I dont know if this is going to be a regular thing or not. Theoretically no - I am std boost and trying to manage fuel to 12.5AFR or lower. However I have had plenty of mishaps which have screwed things up from time to time. But if I incur this problem on say an annual basis, how many times can I afford to deglaze these cylinders without damaging the bore coating.
Is it strictly necessary to deglaze - will the rings bed in without it? I know it should be done, but is it possible to get away without it, in the interests of preserving the life of the cylinder?
Thanks
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)