View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The cat bypass is 2.75" pipe and the muffler is chambered with many restrictions. Picture is below. My system is straight through 3". The difference is not tremendous in terms of HP; the greatest benefit is the combination of boost lag reduction, sound, and throttle response.
K27-7200, IC, and 1bar on a stock late USA engine will get you about 280WHP. I prefer to gain power in other ways than increasing boost. More boost = more engine stress. My engine puts out 350WHP with stock boost using large IC, my headers/muffler and SC cams.

Hi Brian,

A few questions. What is the stock WHP for a 1986 930? I thought that it was like 250WHP. Is that about right? What would your set up less the SC Cams get you do you think?
Eventually, I would want to do headers/exhaust, large IC, and the K-27S, I think, to lessen the turbo lag. I have the Ruf Variable Boost which caps out at .9 bar which I think is not too bad on engine stress for a street car.

I am still putting the pennies in the piggy bank but when do you think that you will have the headers with the heater boxes ready? They really are works of art from the pics I have seen.

To answer the original question, It appears that the best bang for the buck is headers and exhaust followed by the large IC. It also appears that you get the performance without stressing the engine which has to factor into the finances as well. Mine is in the shop for an injector that is leaking at the mounting bracket causing a lean condition. I am having them do the valves while the engine is out as well. I am keenly aware of the finance implications of a stressed engine this week! Ooooof!!

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior

Last edited by 1986 930; 07-08-2011 at 05:37 PM..
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)