View Single Post

After the car was done I double, triple and quadruple checked the number of threads on the old tie rods that I removed and made sure that the new tie rods matched it, and with the car back on its wheels I pushed the car back and forth several feet with the front and rear control arm mounting bolts loose (VERY important) to ensure that the weight of the car settled on the new suspension, and then I torqued everything up with the car on the ground. I guess I must have done something right, as the car rolled very easily and freely and was very easy to push, there was no toe-in at all and just enough negative camber to improve handling.

This is the final ride height I settled on after playing with the adjustable collars on the coilovers. If I wanted I could go about 1inch lower (!!).

I have since put about 10miles on the car and it feels great, extremely well composed and very linear, the car tracks perfectly straight as well. The spring rating I chose with Clint's guidance is great for a street car and not too stiff.

Hope this is a good guide for you guys attempting something like this at home.
Be patient..it does take way more than 48hours! But so worth it.
Yasin
Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)