View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyspoon View Post
Thanks Tony...I sent you a pm as well. Could you give a little info about which turbos you're using? Id love to see your dyno sheet if you have it handy.
Anyway for the race track the 4 speed is fine. The turbos were 993 but modified by Jarvis so not much help there either but hope this information is helpful for use in your car.The dyno measurement is at the wheels so as you can see @ break in 11psi boost from about 3000 rpm the crank hp is around 375 up to 440 @ 6500 red line with using the old electromotive map set up for the old cams, but the torque is really strong @ well over 450 ft lbs, until the HP increases to take over @ higher RPMs. So plenty of torque grunt from 3000 on as the 4speed gearing will never be below near max torque coming out of the corners. Gives me more time for other things instead of shifting gears. C.S Motorsports shop figures an easy 100 more at a higher safe boost level with more RPM as cams should be good for over7200 RPM upon final tune. Hopefully they can also raise the torque to a higher RPM so it can be used in the track RPM range however for street even with a 4 speed should be good grunt from even below 3000. Still plenty for a 2100 lb car to be in the middle of the pack with a decent driver. Just in case anyone reading is interested, this car needs a new driver as it will be to much for me at the young age of 70 years. It is a 1979 Carrera rebuilt into a 934.5 clone in the 80's with lots of early stuff so it looks close to the real thing @ about 20% the cost. It has fresh mechanicals throughout, such as new Fuel cell bladder & pumps, rebuilt Comp brakes, suspension, clutch, trans, competition halfshafts&CV joints to handle the extra (enhanced by Jarvis) power as the original race motor was around 100 less than even now ( soon to be 200 more). Last raced early 90s. Should be fun. Until sold I will use in a few light Porsche DE as it is set up now (as to not hurt it for the next owner) in spring or fall when the outside temperature is cool for me

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-09-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)