View Single Post
Boost Abuser

The ole valve adjust

I'm going to attack my first valve adjustment in the morning and wonder if anyone can give me any secret pointers.Im going to try the back side method and have read the tech on how to do it but am a little nervous. I have done valves on motorcycles before and this appears to be the same so no sweat right! Just bought a new set of feeler gauges this afternoon and am ready to go forth. I'm going to remove the fuse panel ,IC, WG,and anything else that it is the way to give better access on the driver's side. Anything else you guy's would recommend ? Also I need to do a partial engine drop to replace the motor mounts at the same time so what is the best method of going about this or things I may need to look out for? Do I need to disconnect everything as if the assembly was coming completely out, shifter linkage,sway bar,cv bolts,oil lines,etc or is there just enough wiggle room to drop it down enough to get at the mount bolts. There is not enough room to get to the bottom nuts (he he ) on the mounts with the engine support bar ( or whatever you call it ) in the way. All help appreciated ......Ben
Old 07-09-2011, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)