View Single Post

If your rubber center clutch disc decided not to work here anymore you want one of these Pelican Parts - Product Information: 930-116-014-02-M38

It will replace the rubber center one in there if thats what you have and your pressure plate is probably good. Might be a good idea to replace the throwout bearing and crankshaft pilot bearing while you're at it and check your motor and transmission rubber center mounts for dry rot or cracks.

I would also ask around and see if either of these discs would fit since they cost alot less. You don't need the spring center if you match revs and shift smoothly.
Don't hammer gear shifts and you'll never know the springs aren't there. Racing clutch discs don't have springs and springs are just something else to break.
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 964-116-014-63-M38
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 928-116-013-28-M38

These 2 solid center clutch discs are for dual mass flywheels on little bit newer cars and I have no idea if either of these discs would dimensionally fit a 930, flywheel, pressure plate, or input shaft.
If they are the same dimensions, splines, offset, and fit, they should work.

I've installed solid center dual mass flywheel sachs clutch discs for the newer BMW's in regular old single mass flywheel 6 cylinder BMW sachs clutches for the older cars and they worked fine.
Cost less than the spring center disc and the solid center disc handles more torque with no springs to compress.

anyway, this is just a thought...
Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)