View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by youfamissim View Post
Fred - that did it !!!. Camshaft is out. TGIS - Sunday and I'm much relieved. Thought my cam was a one off, odd ball, POS thingey that would result in even more $$$.

Thanks Again Fredmeister - your suggestion worked. I ordered a replacement plug. What type of sealant is used for this plug? Loctite 574? The JB weld? or the Curli-T?

Also - I'm thinking to replace the rocker shafts, cone bearings and nut, and cam bolt. Any problems with this part replacement - new with old an issue?

Time for a beer and celebration.
You're welcome, I am glad i could help out. Thats what this site is for.
JFairman is right though you need to determine where its hanging up since it must slide in from the chain ramp side when rebuilding.
As far as the plug, use JB Weld, but be careful not to goop too much just enuff to seal the edges. You dont want the JB weld leaking inside the area of the last cam bearing journal plus it will make very hard to remove in the future if the need arises.
Something is funky with the cam journals or one of the cam housing bearing areas are perhaps damaged, as the cam should have slid out with a little effort.
Good luck keep us posted.
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)