View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Well I tried setting my pressures to the specs above and noticed a few odd things:
1) The system pressure initially was only 5.7Bar, so I needed a few shims to get it set at 6.5-6.7Bar where I am at now. It oscillates slowly between the 2 pressures, even though I have a battery charger hooked up to insure full load to the pumps. Before changing system pressure at 5.7Bar the car shut off instantly when I shut off the ignition key. Now at the increased pressure the car runs for 1 second after the key is turned off! Not dieseling but actually running for a second. The engine stops before the ignition delay relay shuts down though which usuall lasts for about 3-5 seconds or so.
ANY IDEAS ON THIS?
2) My cold control pressure at 85 degrees F ambient was 1.8Bar and Warm control pressure was steady at 3.7Bar. With this Warm control pressure I was seeing 14.3 to 1 AF ratio at idle and at light cruise 15.0-15.2 which is too high. Still trying to gather data under boost since I don't have my Innovate gage XD-16 working yet to monitor while driving under boost.
Is this 15 to 1 something to really worry about under light cruise load?
3) I have my Water/meth kit set to start at 3psi boost and it is working fine and I notice no bogging or ill effects to the engine when it comes on. I WOULD LIKE TO GET REAL AF RATIOS UNDER BOOST IWTH AND WTHOUT THIS ON TO COMPARE ITS EFFECTS AS WELL.
Question: How to lower the warm control pressure on the WUR?.... as I dont think driving down the cold control plug on the top of the WUR is the answer. This effects cold control pressure which is fine right now.
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)