View Single Post
Boost Abuser

Thanks for all the Support guy's. I couldn't find the correct feelers for the backside adjustment so I decided to try the standard method. The biggest problem I have ran into is that I am using a electromotive distributerless ign so findind TDC has been a issue. Without the rotor pointing to the correct cyl I cant tell if I am on the right stroke for the adjustment. The crank pully has the notches in it for what I assume are 120 degree references but the only one that is marked is Z1. I have shined a light into each row of plug holes to verify that the piston is at TDC (bottom row of twin plug heads ) but as I said I don't know what cycle it is on,compression,intake,exhaust, or at what point to make the adjustment. All the articals I have read thus far are not clear on this (101 projects,traditional valve adjust,backside method,on this sites tech section) I have read to rotate the engine and watch the intake valve open and close and at that point the cam lobes should be pointing away from the rocker and thats when to make the adjustment but for some reason the cam lobes do not look as they are sitting at the same point on each bank at TDC. After working for 7 hrs on it last night and completely frustrated I stopped and cried into my pillow for the rest of the night. This should not be out of the realm of my mechanical knowledge but for some reason it is giving me a fit. Any additional pointers or anyone willing to come by my home and walk me through it would be greatly appreciated......Still tearing up....Ben
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)