View Single Post

"Question: How to lower the warm control pressure on the WUR?.... as I dont think driving down the cold control plug on the top of the WUR is the answer. This effects cold control pressure which is fine right now."

You can't with a stock WUR but I have my BL adjustable WUR adjusted so warm steady cruise at 75mph on the interstate is 14.8 -15:1 and it runs perfect while getting the best possible gas mileage in 4th gear like that. !5:1 AFR on steady no load flat road operating temperature cruise is not going to hurt anything, I would shoot for that because it works great on mine.

14.3:1 at idle is great if idle is smooth. They usually idle smoother and about 50 -100rpms higher if warm idle AFR is between 13.2-13.8:1 with 13.5:1 a nice middle ground to shoot for.
You can lower your steady cruise AFR down to around 14.7:1 from 15:1 by turning the 3mm CO screw clockwise just a tiny bit at a time and idle AFR will come down to around 13.6:1 at the same time.
Try it you might like it, it only takes a few seconds to do that and you can quickly set it back to where it was if you don't like the result.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)