View Single Post
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Just completed my first one. It started about 2 months ago.

Did it the normal way, when around a few time over a week-end in May.

Keep in mind that unlike some member here, it was the first time I ever saw a Valve...

It took me a while to figure out where the blade should slide in... did not help that #1 was apparently tight

My proudest achievement was since I had about 5 spare blade, I did not even broke the original blade.

I sought some expert opinions about how they were. Actually the 3rd opinion (a Porsche vet) said it was not bad but I could see that he tough they were a bit loose.

So, Saturday, I try the backside method and sure enough they were all loose. So I did it again, using the back side method and it went well. I had to go around a few times and when I was happy, I check it against the normal method and the "draging" feel fine.

Could I achieve it using only the normal method, I doutb it as this come with experience and since I'm 50+, time is not on my side. By the way, I had the luxury of having the engine on the wall. My hats of to you guys that do it in-situ in a drive way...

It's too bad that some of you guys can not get these feeler guage. Up here you can get a SAE & Metric sets for less then $5 at our local version of H.F. Tool.

I'm almost back on the road...

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-11-2011, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)