View Single Post

What are the -009 Euro units? I'm assuming different flow rate or something like that?

$$?

I started to look at the injectors last night, and I stopped after testing one. It didn't leak with the system pressurized, but when the pumps were turned on a small of amount of fuel came out of the injector - almost like the initial surge of pressure was able to force it open briefly. No leakage after that. Who knows what it would do when it's heat soaked??

I stopped and didn''t check any more at that point - such a hassle to get at them. I was thinking it would be so much easier with one of those bench testers that are shown in the manuals, but good luck finding one!

Took the car out for an "Italian tune-up" with some injector cleaner in the tank. Car ran great, and idled well. Left the CIS guages hooked up, and the pressures were right in spec when I was able to check. Waited 30-40 minutes and tried to start the car......it started after just a bit of coaxing.
- '78 928 - Silver - Long gone
- '04 Subaru WRX wagon - Sold
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)