View Single Post

Garage
Thanks Fred. I was looking at the shaft seals and could not find literature on them. I suppose these fit into the two recesses in the shaft??? I will add them to the engine plug order.

I will replace the cams, so new rocker arms, or reground rockers are needed - Roger.

If I replace the rockers, I considered new shafts would be also be requisite. Advice?

Another question - the cams sprocket (both) showed scratching - on the teeth facing the sprocket only. These were not deep, but did cause me to question if this wear type was normal - Slack until tensioner is fully engaged? Misaligned? I have new ramps and all the wear items in the cam assembly = gaskets, o-rings, pins, keys, and am considering adding new sprockets. I have new chains as well.

Fred, I want to do this right. I'm over 10G into this build... a few more thou was anticipated. My OCD - dirt, leaks, etc... has me venturing into other domains - the fan is fugly and that too will be cleaned and painted - spruced up. My buddy who helped me with the drop put a worm in my head when he suggested - WHy not do the pistons while yer at this? If that was not so costly, I probably would. The point being I want the motor clean, tight, and as pretty as I can make it while it is out. I have a pressure plate and clutch, new shocks, sway bars, and I'm considering a 993 brake package.

So Fred - if there is anything else you'd recommend, please tell me. Again, Thank you so much for all your help
Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)