View Single Post

Thanks for all the comments. I realize using a rear spoiler has the advantages of more downforce and room for an IC, and I admit that my preference for a basic decklid is technically not smart. However, for me, this is not just a basic backdate RSR project. What I am trying to build is my idea of my personal favourite 911. For me, that means not only a long hood, but also all SWB details (from doorhandles, to vent wings, green gauges, even swb turn signals, and no tail wing) and full luxury trim. So it not only has power windows, sunroof and full leather trim, but also steel bumpers with trim.
So the rear tail just doesn't fit in my vision of a fast, luxurious 1960's GT car. Sorry.
I have considered an IC under the flat deck, but I would prefer not to do that right now, financially and technically. I'd rather get it running good now without the IC at a lower boost pressure (maybe 0.8 bar) and, if I want, install an IC later on.
I figure, if I raise the compression ratio now to maybe 7.5:1, combined with the lower boost pressure of 0.8, it should result in a good running, powerful engine with some good low-end torque. I am not (yet) looking for maximum hp, first I want the whole car set up right. If I want more hp later on, than I could install the IC under the decklid and raise the boost pressure.
However, I am no expert at this game, and willing to learn.
Does my theory make sense?
And back to the original question; what to do with pistons and/or cylinders at this point?
Thanks for the input!
Arjen

Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)