View Single Post

930 Clutch fitting problem

Hi all,

Been a member for a while but this is my first post (big wave to everyone out there!!)....looking for some advice/help with the problem below...

I encountered a problem while changing the clutch on my 930 - its a '76 UK 3.0L car. I purchased a new Sachs clutch for it recently - on inspection the pressure plate looked servicable. However, when I bolt on the pressure plate I have a situation where the spring fingers are pushed too far out and as a result the withdrawal bearing comes to with 6mm of the bell housing - therefore there is not enough travel to release the clutch. As if the clutch disk was too thick - but its exactly withing spec (10.1mm). The disk I removed is 8.7mm - so just coming to the limit. The pressure plate is Sachs so I am at a loss as to why its not fitting. Was there a change in pressure plate? This would seem to be the obvious answer....but though I would get some advice before purchasing a new pressure plate as well....

The clutch wasnt slipping, I had the engine out for other work, measured the disk and decided to change as it was near its end.

Some photos showing the view in to the withdrawal bearing and the pressure plate.

Any advice appreciated....

Distance from surface of plate to mounting surface of pressure plate:

Pressure plate:

Pressure plate:

Vire into where the withdrawal bearing can be seem right up to the bell housing:

...and of course the obligatory picture of the car....
Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)