View Single Post

Hi Paul, I just went out and snapped a couple pics of it.
The origonal clock still keeps perfect time but is behind because I havn't reset it since diconnecting the battery to install a new bosch 044 fuel pump in the front next to the gas tank yesterday.
When it's nice out next winter I will remove the gas tank and restore it. Too hot and humid in S.Florida for that right now.

The previous owner put in the white gauge bezels to match the linen carpet and leather interior and I stayed with that theme with the voltmeter.

View from driver position..

I love jazz/funk/rock music and it's important to me so those are 8" speakers in the doors.

..and a blurry snap of the 044 fuel pump installed.
I really shoulda gone to the trouble of jacking the front higher because while laying on my back my nose was a couple inches from the floorpan and I had a hard time working in that space and was wayyy to close to see the lcd screen so the camera is down by the driveway for this pic.
I thought it would be a quick and easy job... yeah right!

This job would have been much easier if I had jacked the car up hgher so I had more room under there, drained the gas tank first so I wouldn't take a gasoline shower under the car while changing the hose, and bought the short custom made Turbokraft 18 x 1.5mm x 12mm hose connection fitting insead of the longer stacked combination of a russell 18 x 1.5mm 12AN adaptor fitting and 8AN push on barbed fitting to save some cash.

It worked though and I had to lengthen the fuel pump wires because this pump and stacked inlet fitting combination is longer and had to be mounted a little over to the passeger side in the hose clamp and the origonal wires wouldn't reach.
I'm very glad the outlet side banjo fitting hose was just long enough to reach.
You have to replace the wire terminals with bigger ones or drill the holes out bigger in the origonal ones to fit the thicker 044 wire studs anyway.

Havn't driven it and filled up the gas tank yet but I'm sure it will be an improvment.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)