View Single Post

With your AFR at idle mine would be oscillating up and down, stinking of unburned gas hydrocarbons and rich mixture, and probably blowing black smoke.
Mine idles at approximately 750 rpms smoothly and averages 13.5:1 AFR at idle and averages 14.9:1 steady warm cruise out on the interstate going around 75mph on level ground.

Not sure what boost AFR will be around 6000rpms in second gear after installing the 044 pump yesterday but if it doesn't start raining I may go find out later.

The front pump that was in my car worked fine and was replaced by the previous owner around 40,000 miles ago according to the folder of receipts that came with the car. I decided to upgrade to the 044 pump anyway though.
The one I removed is a gloss black painted or powder coated Bosch and says "0 580 254 967 made in France" on a sticker on the side. No pressed in or engraved marking or part number I've seen on it.

I've done internet searches and can't find anything about that part number but it fits and worked well.
The body of it not including the outlet part and check valve is about 1/2" shorter than the 044 pump so whoknows.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)