View Single Post

"Jim so you finally got the old pump out without breaking the studs?"

Yeah, I couldn't fit an open end 17mm wrench onto the skinny steel wrench flats just below the fat banjo fitting on the check valve between the wire studs and you can see the wrench marks on it from trying with needle nose vice grips - the only rock ape wrench I had that would fit in there.

I got the acorn banjo fitting nut on the end of the check valve loose by clamping the steel banjo fitting in a pair of large vise grips with concave curved jaws to hold the pump from turning while loosening the banjo nut on the end.

It left some teeth marks on the sides of the banjo fitting and I didn't like doing it that way but I didn't have an ultra skinny 17mm open end wrench that would fit between the wire studs and it worked without destroying anything.

No problem holding the 044 pump from turnng with a regular 17mm open end wrench while tightening the banjo acorn nut because the steel fitting below the check valve sticks out farther and clears the wire studs.

Here's a pic of the black bosch fuel pump I removed, and the box the new 044 pump came in says "Bomba de combustible Premium" on one side so it must be good

Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)