View Single Post

Wow, great how much information always surfaces on this board! Thanks for all the positive comments on the project. I think I'll start another thread on the build in general, I'm just not much of photographer, so you guys will have to do with my lousy snapshots. At this moment, the inside/underside of the car have been painted, and the wiring loom + front/rear suspension + brake system are all back on the car. Next week, the car is going to the painter to get the outside painted (outside is in primer now). Here's a picture of the car a few weeks ago, sorry I don't have a recent picture.

Back to the topic; I tend to think along the lines of drmatera; build the engine now as wanted (and without IC), keep the boost low enough to avoid any damage, and accept whatever amount of hp that brings as the maximum for now. Later on, when the whole car is set up well, and my savings account is out of the danger zone again, add an IC (probably air/water) and increase the boost to get real horsepower. I have been in touch now with Turbokraft, and Chris has already given me some (much apreciated) advice along this line of thinking.
You guys have given me some leads to some interesting threads, so I have plenty of reading to do! Learning a lot here.
I'll keep you all posted on what's going on.
Arjen
Old 07-14-2011, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)