View Single Post

930 Help, Weak Power Curve after 3000 RPM after Engine Rebuild, New K27, Headers, IC.

Hi Guys,
I had some major work on my car, My new K27 7200 spools up quick at 2500 RPM and the new wastegate with .8 spring starts dumping full blast and I can't get her high into the higher RPM's to shift in the 5500 to 6500 range.*
New work done was a new single cylinder because previous cylinder cracked but pistons were not damaged.*
New rings, pumps, injectors,*
headers and bigger half bay IC, new wastegate with .8 Bar spring were installed by my shop. They checked the all the pressures, the CO level and checked the AFR on two different gauges and two different sending units.*
Any ideas why I can not get her into the upper power band to shift in the 5K to 6K RPM bracket.
Just to clarify the above specifics.*
I feel to power curve dies out before 3500 RPM's.*
I can creep it up to 6,000 but very slowing with no noticeable power increase. The MPH increase is also slow. Watching the MPH and RPM increase is like watching grass grow. I get a burst up to 3000 RPM and the I feel inclined to shift there because there is no noticeable increase in speed.*
After the first burst of power in all gears up to the 3000 RPM range, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to creep up to 6500 RPM.
This happens in all gears.
Any ideas would be welcomed.*
Glenn
Long Island, New York
Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)