View Single Post

Dear RarlyL8,
Thanks again so much for your expert input and dedication the these Porsche Forums. When I bring some of these suggestions to my mechanic to share these valuable similar problems to help diagnose a problem that he has not been able to rectify, he calls of all "Internet Idiots". This is why we need these much needed forums.
To answer your above question about if I may have misunderstood my mechanic saying that vacuum advance and retard is not necessary and most 930 don't have vacuum advance and retard and they run fine. After reading similar Pelican threads about the power loss at upper RPM's attributed to vacuum advance/retard, this is exactly what he emailed me back below.
This is exactly cut and pasted from his email.
"yes , I did that early this morning. Both adv. and ret. are NG on your dist. But, most of the 930's we see all have the same problem and run well without'. I can adv,. the timing just a bit and she'd run better. Let me know what you want me to do."

After that reply and after he completely disassembled my engine at $105 per hour labor, can you feel my pain?
What should I think?
Glenn
Long Island, NY.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)