View Single Post
Driver

Garage
An original 60K mile car can be nicely broken in, or a total moneypit. Depends on how the previous owners treated it. I purchased my car 6 years ago with 67K miles. I think I've spent $3K on maintenance/repairs (not including tires & gas). It's got about 94K miles on it now.

A 120K mile car with a rebuild might have a fresher motor (in terms of miles), but it'll depend on when who did the rebuild, how many miles ago, and how the car was driven since then. You'll also have components that have twice the mileage on them: suspension, tranny & clutch (if they weren't rebuilt at the same time), brakes, etc. Rubber bits age just the same, I'd imagine--stuff like seals, gaskets, body trim, interior bits, etc.--so it'll depend on how well the car was cared for by their respective owners.

In the end, I'd lean towards the lower mileage car, still well knowing that these are 25-35 year-old machines regardless of miles.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)