View Single Post
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY930 View Post
Ignorance is Bliss.
In the old days, I used to drive my turbo 600 miles round trip to Watkins Glenn and race 2 or 3 days and go home on R1 track tires.
Now after all I have learned and paid for after 3 engine rebuilds on different cars, I'm scared $hitless that something is going to go wrong.
Now I'm afraid to drive to the track and I want to trailer it. Now I don't drive like I stole it.
Now I don't have as much fun as I use to.
Ignorance is Bliss.
I wish I was stupid again.
that's funny..... What did we all do back when wide bands and datalogging was just a NASA dream. We get so wrapped up in the math that we get scared of numbers. In reality the difference between 7.5:1 and 8:1 is negligible in the real world, and since we don't drive these cars on the internet we need to keep an open mind on what "works" and what used to "not work".

to say a Porsche air cooled head runs TOO HOT for 8:1 compression and 14psi doesn't hold much water when guys are making over 1000hp and running 30 lbs of boost and not melting the heads off the motor.

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind, I'm just saying use what technology and knowledge is available today, not 30 years ago.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)