View Single Post

A few years ago I had a 92 Chev pickup...loaded son, camper & hooked the boat to the back and headed out to the wilds of Northwestern Ontario for two weeks of camping and fishing. About 11 that night I get a flat and while pulling the spare out I notice the spare is wet. Flashlight shows it red fluid, so I check the trans..down 1 qt..check the trans and the leak is coming from the front of the trans area. So drove 15 min more to local campground. In the morning went and bought a couple quarts of fluid, topped up and headed for the first GM dealer (next town). They say they can look at it but need camper off & boat gone. This is Thursday. Drop camper & boat at buddys place. Back to dealer. Call them at 4:30 (close at 5:00), they say it just went out for a test drive to see what's wrong. I say it's leaking from the front (converter or front seal, I figure). Go over there at 4:55, trans guy says it's front seal and will have to pull trans. Come back next day at noon, go into shop area and ask trans guy what's up. He says he'd have it back together allready if the shop forman would leave him alone to work on it. Come back at 4:30 and trans guy is test driving it. He pulls in and says everything is ok. I go to pay....bill shows 9hrs @ $90.00 labour and $150.00 for parts.....total just under $1000.....I question the hrs spent on it, shop manager says "that's what the book calls for, R & R and test drive". I pay the bill. Write a letter to owner of dealership, no answer. ....A couple yrs later I'm looking for a new truck, buddy at work says he knows the owner of the same dealership, I tell him to call. He does, says he's got just the truck I'm looking for. Price is ok, I tell him he has to knock $500 off and we have a deal ($40,000 truck) he says why? So I tell him, ...silence....I hang up.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)