View Single Post

All of the above is excellent advice. I will throw in one more wrinkle; I had similar symptoms (I know, it's hard to convey symptoms via the written word sometimes) but I would experience the car starting and running for for like maybe a second or less, then nothing. Crank, fire, and run for a partial second, then stop. It would not act up every time, usually every other day until it got to be a regular thing. Turned out to be my overspeed relay under the drivers seat. Sometimes it would allow the pumps to run, other times not or for just a brief second. Didn't seem to make any difference hot or cold, entirely sporadic. Since refurbishing the relay, I've been driving the car daily for a couple of weeks with no issues.

Your issue is certainly as already described, but if all else fails look elsewhere. Unplug your connector to the metering plate behind the fuel head to force the pumps to run with just the key in the on position. At least that way you have the piece of mind that the pumps are running before you crank the engine over.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)