View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

I live on a dirt road and the volume of dust and dirt in my engine compartment is voluminous and I have to use a pre-filter on my K&N and clean the engine compartment every other day my condition is extreme but even normal condition that filter is a bad design. 120 cells per inch filters out what micron dust particle? I believe you can see the particle with your naked eye and that will sandblast your engine internals over time. Al another example of you trying to pawn something half rate and damageing off as innovative and novel go away. He doesn't need to send that throttle body out for work he can take care of it right on site the throttle body doesn't restrict airflow until you are making big horsepower so you don't need to send it out for "big bore service".

Quote:
Originally Posted by race911turbo View Post
Porsche 911 engine is in the rear, dust and dirt is limited under normal driving or track condition. The stainless steel screen on top is 120 cell per square inch. it can filter out dust an dirt. That is why I point the top to the sky to take pictures with. Good design for max air flow, idea didn't come from me, came from Simota air filter factory.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)