View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
C'mon guys - solder or braze it in place? and what happens when a bead of solder drips through and into the intake manifold... The correct way to do it is to remove the throttle body and pull out the blade. Sending it to a shop may be easier to do because they wil clean it for you, replace the blade with a new one, and if you want they can over bore it and fit a larger blade. I know 034 does this for Audi's - give them a buzz I bet they would have no problems doing it on the 930's TB.
I did just that [removed blade and took to trusty radiator shop around the corner - - $10]... reassembled and huge difference! I also put a thin silicon sleeve around the idle adjustment screw tip. Bench tested the idle screw and was able to eliminate 80% of the air flow with the screw all the way in.

That's right, there is still air passing around the screw when it's all the way in...

Reassembled and was able to get my idle all the way down to below 400 rpm's with the idle screw when fully warm [with more room to go...]. Of course I raised it up to 900. then, had to lean the idle mixture a bit [due to lack of air], and all is well!

Last edited by mooney265; 07-26-2011 at 06:00 PM..
Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)