View Single Post

A buddy of mine that used to live next door to me works for safelight and he had one of their vans he kept at home.
He hated the aftermarket windsheilds because they didn't fit as well as origonal ones and were alot harder and took longer to install because of that.
I don't mean to say a safelight 911 windsheild won't fit right because I don't remember him saying he ever installed one of those.

He had a van full of generic long rolls of rubber gasket material some of which could fit a garretson intercooler flange and black urethane sealants for glueing in the new flush mount windsheilds.

His van also had a good 12volt DC to 120 volt AC converter to run his powertools on location.
He would let the van idle in the driveway and we'd run extension cords from it to keep our refrigerators and beer cold, a TV, and one window AC unit or a fan running after hurricanes when the power was out.

..i'm wayyyy off topic as usual but Mark doesn't mind that and glad your windsheild took the shot and not your paint and hood or roof.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)