View Single Post

Thanks for all the feedback. Car is in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.

I sold the Ruf intercooler because I felt that the Kokeln was a better unit. I also sold the Ruf manual boost control as I did not want or need it. Both went to Pelicans. I had no intention of building a Ruf or Yellowbird tribute car, so I kept what I wanted and moved on otherwise. Like many others, I was building MY car, not a car for resale. Even if I had kept those two items, it would be a never ending debate on "not a true Ruf" and I don't think it would enhance the value. What sets the car apart most to me is the lack of gutters and the transmission (which shifts perfectly by the way).

I have yet to dyno the car. Going in for post-build valve adjust in the next 200 miles, and then maybe after that when temps cool down here. Would like to do it in less than 90 degrees ambient...Any guesses?

Fortunately for me, I am not distressed, other than by the mere fact that I am considering selling. My wife, who probably wishes I never bought the car, is shocked that I have even suggested this. I may post it and see if the right buyer comes along. This does remind me of when I was searching for a 930. Geoffrey Ring was selling his 89 Motec car for ~$46k. I recall not liking the paint and thinking that it was someone's bastardized project car...man someone stole that car for half its value. Yasin, you probably remember it well too. For now, I am driving it a couple of times a week when I can bear the heat. Yasin, if you head up this way, be sure to come over.

Last edited by im4duke; 07-31-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Old 07-31-2011, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)