View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
sunroof does not close fully

My sunroof just started to fail to close last nite. It closes until it reaches the collapsible air deflector and then stops. It seems to be cocking in the passenger side channel at the end of its travel. If I help it close by pushing it along the last inch or so it closes but then the back of the sunroof panel does not raise up again to seal flush with the roof. Now it is down in the back and does not seem to have any assist from the motor to raise again.
Anyone know where I should start to fix this? Is there some sort of adjustment I can make or something that has popped out of alignment?
Any ideas on how this mechanism works is appreciated.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)