View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
That means that your Cold Control Pressure [CCP] is too high. You'll need some CIS gauges so that you can check all of your pressures:
1. System Pressure [SP]
2. Cold Control Pressure [CCP]
3. Warm Control Pressure [WCP]
4. Boost Control Pressure [BCP] - for this you'll also need a Mitey-Vac/Boost

Before you start, remember to unplug the electrical connector at the WUR and start with a cold [sat overnight] engine...

Also, be aware that the higher the Control Pressure, the Leaner the Air to Fuel Mixture result.

You may also want to check your idle mixture, it may be too lean. The way I was taught was to wait until car fully warmed and then "slowly" push the idle mixture screw in. When you begin to feel pressure [the beginning of extra fuel being added], you'll need to notice your idle speed.
1. If it goes up initially, then your too Lean
2. If it goes down initially, then your too Rich

You'll want to try this excercise 3-4 times so that you consistantly know how it is effecting the idle speed... If it turns out your too lean, then you could adjust with 3mm allen wrench [[turn clockwise [to the right]] to Richen up the idle AFR... I'd turn 1/8 of a turn at a time. Then, redo the test and try to find the sweet spot where an extra 1/8 of a turn gets you in the "too rich" category and meet in the middle... A little winded but, I hope you get the picture...

Good Luck - Shannon
Old 08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)