View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
sounds similar to a problem i had. you can remove the vinyl from the sunroof by gently pulling down on metal subframe and then sliding back towards the rear and inside the cavity of the headliner. there are metal snaps that go around the outside edge, you can then see the mechanism that moves the sunroof back and forth. i am thinking that the arm on one side has had the bolt fall out and it wont engage the roof up to seal it. this is what happened on mine. if you remove the vinyl piece that is attached to the sunroof look for a small nut and bolt and washer there. thats where i found mine on top of the cloth headliner. if you do a search and find a shop manual they should have a descent explanation on how to remove and adjust it. probably better than mine.
+1, an easy fix, the cable is attached on either side with the bolt and nut as mentioned above. The nut is shaped like a D with grooves to keep it from spinning off. Follow the instructions for removal in Wayne's 101 guide and you'll see the problem pretty quickly. If the d nut is lost, a screw top from a spark plug works just fine... Ask me how I know... 2 years and still holding strong...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)