View Single Post

cylinder/piston codes

I am trying to understand how you can mix/match pistons and cylinders.
The pistons come in group weights and seem to be in size ranges as well - matched presumably to variances in production tolerances in cylinder sizes, which also seem to come in group heights.
Have I got that right?
if that is correct does that mean that cylinders and pistons need to come as a matched pair? And cylinders need to be matched in group heights - at least per side of engine. But if your tolerance bore size was different, you would have a different group weighted piston?
I am trying to understand if I can replace one damaged piston or cylinder etc if I need to.
There is a partial set of new pistons/cylinders F/S in my country at the moment. But if I bought them as spares, am I able to source the matching cylinders and pistons?
Anyone follow this?
Thanks
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)