Thread: 87 930 issues
View Single Post

Originally Posted by CVJR
1. Idle when fully warmed up is 1050; how to adjust and to what RPM?
Idle adjust screw, a real female dog to get to but can be done with a long screwdriver. It's at the base of the throttle body, left hand side, you have to contort your screwdriver and arm along behind the left side of the intercooler to reach it. Shine a bright flashlight back there, to see the thing first (it's a spring loaded screw). Close it clockwise to lower the idle, etc. Do a search....somebody has posted pictures.
2. Hard to fuel the car, the gas pump wants to constantly shut off. Is something wrong with my vent or whatever?
Normal. I usually try not to stuff the nozzle all the way down into the tank, and run the pump on half-full throttle.
3. Boost exceeds 1 bar on the gauge; great fun, but I'm worried I'm doing harm, how to return to stock or .9 bar? Car is 1000 miles new to me so, don't know of PO mods.
Of course the gauge may not be accurate...but then again the PO may have put a 1.0 bar spring in there. You can hook up an externall pressure gauge either T'ed off the same line that goes to the WG, or T'ed off the vacuum line that goes to the brake booster behind the dash.
Stock WG, or aftermarket like Tial? If Tial, the springs are color coded
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)