Thread: k27 bracket
View Single Post

Mine had a K27 7006 installed when I bought it and that bracket had already had a vertical triangular section cut out of it and then the bracket was bent to fit the K27 and they welded it back together.

When I installed the same 7006 on a friends car I slotted the 2 bottom holes so the bolts or studs would line up and I cut off that spacer flush with the back of the bracket and had to slot that bolt hole a little too.

The spacer on the top left bolt has to be there when installing the bracket and turbo so the bolt went through the slightly slottled hole and then I put the spacer on the bolt behind the bracket.
The cut off wheel I used turns about 1/16" of the steel spacer into dust while cutting it off so I put a split lock washer that was about 1/16" thick on the bolt with the spacer to get the total spacer length back where it was when tightening the bolt or else it would pull the turbo closer to the engine case and change the alignment of the turbo charge pipe and stress the headers when tightening that top left bolt.

If you install a K27 7006 turbo the exhaust outlet hole after the turbine wheel is bigger than a 3LDZ or a K27 7200 so it's good to grind the exhaust hole in the bracket bigger so it doesn't restrict exhaust flow like a restrictor plate.
It is very hard steel and it takes a while to grind the hole bigger going around and around in a circle to match a scribed line with a grinding wheel on a die grinder.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)