View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

The 930 CIS intake has been adapted to use EFI injectors you can buy the bosses from bitzracing and take the phenolic blocks to a machine shop and have them fit the bosses but the 3.2 intake I think flows better than the 930 manifold. My take is if you have invested the high dollars for a 91 turbo motor then now is not the time to cut costs do it right from the start you will thank yourself later EFI with something that you can tune sell the motronic system and it will finance a megasquirt system and electronic ignition get rid of the dizzy too you will thank yourself also on how stable the timing is and how smooth the idle is both of those mods really tame a raging lion and make the experience more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Mating the engine to your gearbox and mounting them in the car shouldn't be an issue, the toughest part will be replacing the motronic with the Jetronic loom, getting fuel and ignition all working. I've been around this forum for a while and I don't know anyone who has already done this.

Burning a chip is not going to solve the problem, you still has to convert the 965 engine to EFI to use it... injector blocks or 3.2 intake, fuel rails, crank angle sensor etc.... Also you really wouldn't want to use Motronic, better off with an after market system.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)