View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY930 View Post
Hi Mark,
Great write up you did on the dreaded most common pump failure problem that we all share.
Misery loves company. Now I won't feel alone when I get stuck somewhere without my pumps running. I'm surprised that such a poor electrical design wasn't corrected earlier by Porsche.
And after all those gyrations over a long period of time, I suspect that the culprit may all along have been the relay under the seat...which I just fixed about a month ago.
The lesson: Check all the obvious relays and switches and fuses and connections as already described. If the problem still persists, reach under the seat and give that relay a sharp rap (kinda hard to reach, unfortunately...I eventually mounted mine further toward the rear of the car to facilitate easy reach). It may or may not speak to you as the problem.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)