View Single Post

Well all, took the first drive of the season today, blasting along my favorite twisty path along the lakes...with lakes on one side and basalt cliffs on the other.

But before that, I pulled the drivers seat to get to the overspeed relay (I think that's what it's called), 'cause last year I was peroidically plagued with a weird starting (as in no-starting) issue, where the car would light up fine then stop in about a second or two...and be a ***** to start again. I know and have confidence that all electrical connections, fuses, relays, sensors, etc. associated with running the pumps are in good condition. The only thing left to look at was that relay under the seat (Jim Fairman deserves credit here).

Anyway, pulled the seat, and pulled the plug to the metering arm on the fuel head so I could force the pumps to run. Yes, they ran fine, but after monkeying with the relay and connections they stopped (which is what I was hoping for). A sharp rap with my knuckle on the relay and the pumps fired up again.

So I ended up cleaning the piss out of all contacts, and she's been fine since. We'll see if it continues to give me fits this year. Hope not...it's a high-buck item at around $325 Pelican Parts - Product Information: OEM-93061812300. Or I may just short across the appropriate leads and take the relay out of the equation alltogether.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)