View Single Post

Ok here is the update. Because I have seemed to isolate the pressure at the WUR, I removed it and put the gauge in line with the fd and the pressure was relieved.

Next I disassembled the WUR and inspected it. There was some corrosion so I cleaned it the best I could and out it back together. Put it back on the car and the same issue, high control pressure. The only part I didn't inspect was the diaphragm under the disk, so I pulled it back of and completely disassembled it. The little plunger that pushes on the metal diaphragm seemed stuck so I removed the four little screws and pulled the disk and diaphragm off. I popped out the little plunger and ran a fine sand paper around it and the hole it sits in. It now moves up and down freely.

I then put the top half of the WUR back on the car and checked the pressure...0.5 bar! So far so good. I then took a center punch and gently pushed on the plunger and the pressure increased. So I know the top half of the WUR seems to work! On to the heating element and lower half.
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 08-07-2011, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)