View Single Post
R.I.P.

Reaper - more displacement is a good option. I'm most likely going to need P&C's so why not step up. I see Turbo Kraft seems to really like the Nickies so that may be the guys I call for that.

911TT33 - I hear lots of people mention the need for fully finned barrells but for a street motor seeing boost for only seconds at a time I don't think it's a requirement. Juan's motor had stock 930 P&C's making well over 700hp and took more abuse than I and my wallet would ever attempt to put it through.

JBL930 - I beg to differ as the advancements in turbo technology make huge strides forward the lumbering monster single is no longer the only choice. My S262 with billet wheel spools great on my stock 3.3 and will only get better with a fresher, larger and more powerful engine. This turbo will support around 700hp which is the high point of my power quest. Since I plan on very little "road racing", a ton of street driving and a decent amount of drag racing my intercooler and gear box will be just fine.

wjk32 - I am with you on picking one source for a build. Picking and choosing bits from different schools of thought can be a bad thing or a good thing depending on how you apply the information. I'm not looking for the most commonly used engine package, I want something alittle different (read: better, faster, stronger, cooler) than the average build.

I plan on running cams, but not 964 or SC. I'm going to spend the money where the power is, cams and cylinder heads.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)